Looking for a New Job? FINDTHETECH.COM is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in City and County of San Francisco & they are Hiring Candidates for 1244-Senior Human Resources Analyst
Company Name : City and County of San Francisco
Company Location : San Francisco, CA 94112
Job Position : 1244-Senior Human Resources Analyst
Job Category : Jobs in California
Job Description :
Department: City College of San Francisco, Human Resources Job class: 1244 Senior Human Resources Analyst Role type: Permanent Exempt What does this mean? Hours: Full-time
Salary: $44.3278 – $53.8558 hourly; $92,202 – $112,020 annually (Full-Time)
FILING DATELINE: July 29, 2022
APPOINTMENT TYPE: This is a full-time, Permanent Exempt (PEX) position. This position is excluded by the Charter from the competitive Civil Service examination process and shall serve at the discretion of the Appointing Officer
Note: This position is not represented by a bargaining unit.
City College of San Francisco Overview:
City College of San Francisco is an urban community college with locations throughout the city. Our vision is to provide a sustainable and accessible environment where we support and encourage student possibilities by building on the vibrancy of San Francisco and where we are guided by the principles of inclusiveness, integrity, innovation, creativity, and quality. We offer an affordable opportunity for students to earn associate degrees, prepare for transfer, and pursue career and technical education. This is an exciting time at City College of San Francisco and the right person can make a major impact. Be part of positive change as we transform this dynamic institution for a successful future.
Under direction, performs difficult and responsible professional and technical personnel work in the areas of recruitment, examination, classification and salary administration; the Senior Human Resources Analyst provides technical and professional assistance related to the operations of the Classified Unit. Serves as a lead resource in tracking the units’ operational activities and develops tracking systems on an as needed basis to monitor and improve efficiency of operations. Such operations include classified vacancy review, appointment processing, examinations, layoff processing. Make regular contacts with employees, employee representatives, department heads, other community college districts and personnel at various levels to furnish and obtain information; Gathers, prepares, compiles, reviews and maintains important personnel information reports and records.
1. As Classified Services Unit coordinator for the City and County of San Francisco’s Position Based Testing examination process, coordinate and facilitate the examination process from the initial phases through completion. May develop test items and construct written examinations, facilitate job analysis meetings, plan examination subject matter and determine relative wrights to various parts of the examination
2. Supervise the preparation of classified performance evaluations, including establishing and monitoring a communication system to verify tracking of evaluation progress with managers, and supervisors.
3. Conduct classification and salary surveys, regionally and nationally, to determine classification and pay practices; collect, compile, and analyze classification and wage data; and interpret and administer provisions of classified contract. Complete classification and salary surveys received from other educational institutions or survey agencies.
4. Direct and participate in classification studies of classified positions by contacting various public and private educational institutions to investigate and survey respective duties/responsibilities and qualifications; conduct field and desk audits of work performed; confer with immediate supervisors and administrators; prepare reports of such findings, conclusions, and recommendations; and prepare job type specifications for new positions and/or revise existing positions.
5. Confer with employees, department heads, labor representatives and personnel analysts of other educational jurisdictions regarding recruitment, examinations, compensation plans, position allocation, data evaluation, contract provisions and other pertinent information; oversee and participates in studies pertaining to a wide variety of personnel matters; prepare memoranda, reports, records and charts of data obtained and makes recommendations.
6. Responsible for special projects as assigned involving the planning, research, development or implementation of a technical phase of personnel administration; in this connection prepares various memoranda, correspondence, records and reports with recommendations when appropriate.
7. In consultation with the Associate Vice Chancellor of Human Resources, plan and develop a comprehensive human resources program including policy and procedure development; regulatory compliance; human resources information (BANNER); personnel records; and assist in the operations of the classified unit.
8. Prepare a variety of federal, state, local and District reports, correspondence and memos.
9. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
Three (3) years of verifiable professional human resources experience, similar to 1241 Human Resources Analyst, in one or more of the following areas of activity: recruitment and selection, classification and compensation, employee and/or labor relations, benefits administration and human resources operations.
One year of full-time employment is equivalent to 2000 hours. (2000 hours of qualifying work experience is based on a 40-hour work week.) Any overtime hours that you work above forty (40) hours per week are not included in the calculation to determine full-time employment.
Education Substitution – Additional qualifying work experience as a professional human resources analyst may be substituted for up to two years of the required education on a year-for-year basis (30 semester/ 45 quarter units equals one year).
Experience Substitution – Completion of a 12 month human resources trainee program equivalent to the City and County of San Francisco’s 1249 Human Resources Training Program may substitute for one (1) year of required professional experience.
Experience Substitution – Possession of a Juris Doctorate (J.D.) or Master’s degree in Personnel Administration, Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or Clinical/School/Industrial-Organizational Psychology may substitute for one (1) year of the required professional experience.
Note: Work experience with the District as a College Work Study Student or Lab Aide (3591 Classification) will not be considered or applied as qualifying experience.
Desirable Qualifications. The stated desirable qualifications may be considered at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring:
1. Educational Testing/Examinations Experience – knowledge of exam processes in an educational environment for coordinating departmental functions and relations within the institution.
2. Excellent writing and editing skills as well as public speaking skills. Position requires the ability to communicate effectively for conducting trainings with managers/supervisors and employees. Administering Position Based Testing is a primary function of the 1244 which requires working closely with and communicating professionally with groups of managers and supervisors.
3. Experience conducting surveys and organizing data/data files.
4. Extensive knowledge of Excel and Access – knowledge of Excel and Access is necessary for tracking recruitment and employment activity for management, budget operations, and union negotiations.
5. Familiarity with BANNER Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
6. Ability to work effectively in a multi-ethnic and culturally diverse environment. Experience working with memorandums of understanding (MOUs) and union contracts for both classified and faculty associations and unions.
7. Experience working with memorandums of understanding (MOUs) and union contracts for both classified and faculty associations and unions.
8. Experience working in a post-secondary educational institution.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process.
Visit https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/CityAndCountyOfSanFrancisco1/ and begin the application process.
Select the “I’m Interested” button and follow instructions on the screen.
Your application MUST include the following documents. To upload these items, please using the “Additional attachments” function within the application process.
Cover letter expressing your interest in the position, specifically indicating how you meet the Minimum and Desirable Qualifications as listed in this announcement.
Verification of Education: Verification of qualifying education must include copies of transcripts, diplomas or certificates posting your degree(s) and Major(s). If verification cannot be obtained, the applicant must submit a signed statement with the application explaining why such verification cannot be obtained.
Requests for waiver will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Foreign degree(s)/coursework used as qualifying to meet minimum qualifications must be evaluated by a foreign degree evaluation services organization, before an application can be processed. Please contact the CCSF Human Resources Department at (415) 452-7660 for evaluation sources. Failure to submit the required verification or request for waiver with the application at the time of filing will result in rejection of the application.
Verification of Experience: Verification may be requested at any time during this recruitment and selection process. If requested, verification of experience needed to qualify must be submitted on the employer’s letterhead and indicate the name of the applicant, job title, dates of employment, hours/week, and duties performed and must be signed by the supervisor and/or appropriate company representative.
Verification of experience may be waived if impossible to obtain. The applicant must submit a signed statement with the application explaining why verification cannot be obtained. Waiver requests will be considered on an case-by-case basis. Failure to submit the required verification or request for a waiver at the time of verification is requested may result in the rejection of the application.
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed City and County of San Francisco application.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this recruitment and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @ccsf.edu, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org, @famsf.org, @ccsf.edu, @smartalerts.info, and @smartrecruiters.com).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
Applications materials including the cover letter and the updated resume will be reviewed for relevant qualifying experience. Only those applicants who most closely meet the requirements for this position will be invited to participate in the selection process.
Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed an invitation to interview. Qualified applicants who are selected for an interview will be notified of the exact date and time.
The department may implement screening mechanisms in order to determine applicants’ qualifications for this position. Only applicants most closely meeting the needs of the department will be invited to continue in the selection process. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement through all steps in the selection process.
Additional Information Regarding Employment with the City and County of San Francisco:
Information About The Hiring Process
Employee Benefits Overview
Equal Employment Opportunity
Disaster Service Worker
Right to Work
Copies of Application Documents
1. Additional Days Off with Pay. As stipulated in the appropriate bargaining agreements and board resolutions, Classified employees working full-year (260 days/year) work schedules are granted, as paid days off, the days between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day, as well as an additional five (5) paid days off during spring break. Eligible school-term-only (STO) employees who are not scheduled to work the designated days between Christmas and New Year’s Day shall be granted three (3) paid days off to be scheduled by mutual agreement between the employee and supervisor. Eligible school- term-only (STO) employees who are not scheduled to work the days designated as Spring Break will not be paid for these days off.
2. New employees hired on or after October 1, 2013 will contribute 2% of salary to the San Francisco Retiree Health Care Trust Fund (RHCTF).
If you have questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact Eileen Reyes, City College of San Francisco, Human Resources Classified Unit, by email at email@example.com.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Elisa Daniels, Senior Departmental Personnel Officer, Human Resources Department by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants who require a reasonable accommodation to participate in this hiring process should contact the Title 5/EEO/ADA Compliance Officer at 415/452-5053 to make the necessary arrangements. Please be aware that verification of a covered disability under the ADA may be required.
New Hires: As approved by the governing Board of the San Francisco Community College District, beginning October 1, 2021, City College of San Francisco requires that new and current employees, students, and business partners participate in the COVID Safety Campaign. All parties entering CCSF facilities must demonstrate proof of COVID vaccination in compliance with current CDC and SFDPH guidelines. New hires must submit documentation for verification to the Human Resources Department.
It is the policy of the City College of San Francisco to provide all persons with equal employment and educational opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, religion, age, gender, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, disability or AIDS/HIV status, medical conditions, gender identity, or status as a Vietnam-Era veteran. These categories specifically include status as a lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or questioning person in any District program or activity. For further information, contact the Title 5/EEO/ADA Compliance Officer at (415) 452-5053.
The City and County of San Francisco encourages women, minorities and persons with disabilities to apply. Applicants will be considered regardless of their sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (associated with cancer, a history of cancer, or genetic characteristics), HIV/AIDS status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, or other protected category under the law.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as FINDTHETECH.COM